Pineapple Upside down Cake. This pineapple upside down cake is dense, like a sour cream pound cake, with ground almonds in the flour to give it even more substance and a slight almond flavor. Place heatproof serving plate upside down onto pan; turn plate and pan over. This classic pineapple upside-down cake makes a fun centrepiece for afternoon tea and brings back many childhood memories.
Made with a soft, fluffy, and simple vanilla cake base that uses only the most basic ingredients and a pretty topping of caramelized pineapple and maraschino cherries, this classic recipe is slated to be a staple in your baking repertoire. Chef Anna Olson shows you how to make the best Pineapple Upside Down Cake using her own original recipe! You won't want to make it any other way! You can cook Pineapple Upside down Cake using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pineapple Upside down Cake
- You need of Yellow cake.
- You need Can of pineapples.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 1/2 c of water.
- It’s 3 tbs of sour cream.
- You need 1/2 c of oil.
- You need 1 c of brown sugar.
This Homemade Pineapple Upside-Down Cake features a caramelized pineapple topping and an incredibly buttery, moist cake. Today's recipe is one I've always loved and I think you'll love too – this easy pineapple upside-down cake. One of the things that I love about this recipe is that it's made. This pineapple upside-down cake from Delish.com will remind you why it's a classic.
Pineapple Upside down Cake step by step
- In a lg bowl add, all ingredients mix well or, you can use your mixer.
- You can use any cake pan I use a bunt cake pan, spray cake pan with cooking spray then,add brown sugar, then pineapples using rubber spatula pour in and, scrape bowl with spatula..
- Add to a 350 degrees oven and, bake for 20- 25 min till toothpick comes out clean take out and, let cool using a plate flip over and, enjoy.
Make topping: Mix butter with brown sugar and add to prepared cake pan. This classic pineapple upside down cake starts with an easy homemade cake made with cake flour and butter. This is one of the most popular Pineapple Upside-Down Cake on this site. My mother has an easier version where you don't need to beat the egg whites separately. Pineapple upside down cake is a retro favourite that's stood the test of time for good reason.