Chocolate Roll Cake. You can also make mini chocolate cake rolls which are closer in size to the Hostess or Little Debbie snacks we love. Regardless of the brand, a homemade mini or. Skip the bakery and head to your kitchen because this easy chocolate cake roll recipe will be the star of your next gathering.
To make the chocolate roll, begin by making your chocolate cake. The batter is really simple, and gets kicked up a notch with a touch of espresso powder. (< – Don't worry, it won't taste like coffee! Chocolate Swiss Roll Cake is the ultimate decadent gourmet dessert that looks ridiculously complicated but is totally Chocolate-Strawberry Roll Cake. You can have Chocolate Roll Cake using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Roll Cake
- You need 6 of large egg yolks.
- You need 45 gr of Canola oil.
- Prepare 50 gr of milk (1% or 2% or whole milk will work).
- It’s 75 gr of cake flour.
- You need 30 gr of cocoa powder.
- Prepare 6 of large egg whites.
- You need 120 gr of sugar.
- You need of Filling.
- Prepare of Swiss meringue buttercream (the recipe is in my cookpad).
This from-scratch recipe for Chocolate Roll Cake (Banh Cuon Chocolate) makes moist, spongy chocolate cake swirled around a light and fluffy cream filling. If you're a fan of Asian-style baked. This cake will bring the child out in you. Something that you would want to eat over and over again.
Chocolate Roll Cake step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepare a baking sheet size 15×11 inch, then line it with parchment paper..
- Beat the egg yolks with a hand whisker until they are well mixed. Add oil and milk. Stir well..
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder, then pour into the egg yolk mixture. Stir until the batter looks smooth..
- Beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until foamy. Add sugar in 3 stages while continuing to beat. Beat the egg whites until firm peak..
- Spoon the egg white meringue into the egg yolk mixture in 3 stages. Fold the batter in with a spatula until evenly mixed..
- Pour the batter in the pan. Bake until cooked for about 15 minutes. Do a skewer test. When the skewer comes out clean, it means the cake is done..
- Once cooked, remove the cake from the oven. Turn the cake over the cooling rack. Remove the parchment paper and then immediately rolled (cake is still in hot condition) with parchment paper..
- Allow the cake to cool completely. Open the cake roll, then spread with buttercream (I use buttercream with the recipe 👉 # pib_swissmeringue)..
- Roll the cake back. Wrap tightly with parchment paper, keep it in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour so that the cake sets and then slice it..
I am talking about the famous chocolate roll cake or the chocolate Swiss roll cake. A light Chocolate Roll Cake filled with a whipped vanilla buttercream frosting is just the perfect afternoon tea treat or dessert. Get my tips on how to make the perfect roll cake. This Chocolate Cake Roll boasts a soft melt-in-your-mouth texture and a luscious cocoa cream filling, best of all, it is SO much easier to make than you'd think. The cake roll is chocolate flavoured and consists of a soft fluffy chiffon cake base which is rolled up and filled with a light and airy chocolate whipped cream.