Pass the Garden Dirt Cake. This garden dirt cake has layers of chocolate cake, creamy vanilla pudding, chocolate cookie crumbs, and gummy worms that kids will love. My teacher called it Mary Mary Quite Contrary's Garden. Fun and cute cake idea for Easter.
We love a good dirt cake and this Easter dirt cake may be our favorite. With strawberries dipped to look like carrots and grass made of coconut colored These aggressive plants choke out the garden plants you've worked so hard to grow. Use this handy guide to identify these weeds by appearance. You can have Pass the Garden Dirt Cake using 25 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pass the Garden Dirt Cake
- It’s of Molded vegetables:.
- You need 4 of red, yellow and orange candy fruit chews.
- Prepare 8 of green candy fruit chews.
- It’s 1 sprig of fresh parsley.
- You need 1 sprig of fresh cilantro.
- Prepare of Bunny bottom and feet:.
- You need 1 of regular marshmallow.
- You need 1 of mini marshmallow.
- You need 1 Tbsp. of Vanilla frosting.
- Prepare 1 of tube pink decorating icing.
- You need 2 of yogurt covered almonds.
- Prepare of Fence:.
- You need 12 sticks of Honey wheat pretzels.
- You need of Marbled stones:.
- Prepare 1 container of fondant.
- Prepare of Grey food coloring.
- It’s of Dirt cake:.
- Prepare 1 1/2 packages of oreos, crushed.
- It’s 1 (8 oz.) of Bar Cream cheese, softened.
- Prepare 1/2 C. of Butter, softened.
- It’s 1 C. of Powdered sugar.
- It’s 1 of large container Cool Whip.
- Prepare 2 (3.4 oz.) of Boxes Instant white chocolate pudding (or vanilla).
- You need 3 C. of Milk.
- You need 1 tsp. of Vanilla extract.
See more ideas about Building a raised garden, Dirt cake recipes, Oreo dirt cake. How to build a small garden pond in a raised bed – great idea if you can't dig the soil or want easy access to your water feature. Easter Oreo Dirt Cake – A Creamy And Delicious Easter Dessert Filled With Oreos, Pudding, Cool Whip, Cream Cheese, And Powdered Sugar That Everyone Will Love To Decorate And Eat! Layer the cake, starting with the pudding mix, then ground cookies, then gummy worms.
Pass the Garden Dirt Cake instructions
- Mold the vegetables out of the candy chews. For the tomatoes, knead the red fruit chews between your hands until soft and pliable. Divide into 4 equal pieces and roll into balls. Use skewer to make wrinkles in the top and poke a small hole in each. Take a small piece of the cilantro for the tomato leaves and stick into hole..
- For the cucumbers, knead 4 of the green fruit chews between your hands until soft. Divide into 4 equal pieces. Roll each into a log resembling cucumbers..
- For the carrots, knead the orange fruit chews between your hands until soft. Divide into 4 equal pieces and roll into logs tapering one end to resemble carrots. Using a skewer poke small hole in top the wider end. Take a small piece of fresh parsley and stick it in the hole for the carrot leaves..
- To make the lettuce, take the remaining 4 green fruit chews and yellow fruit chews and knead in between your hands until soft. Divide into 4 equal pieces roll out each piece into a 4 inch long rope and lightly press to flatten. Roll up each rope to form a spiral like the head of a lettuce. Flaring out the outer layer to form leaves..
- For the bunny bottom and feet, use the pink icing to pipe paw pads onto each almond. Dab 2 small dallops of the white frosting on the flat side of the regular marshmallow to use as glue towards the bottom in the 4 and 8 o'clock positions. Glue on bunny feet..
- To make the marbled stones, take 1/2 of the fondant and put into a separate bowl or container. Add a coupe drops of grey food coloring and knead until fondant is completely covered. Grab a pinch of fondant from each white and grey and place one on top of the other. Twist them around each other, pull stretching them longer and fold. Do this a couple times creating a swirl effect. Repeat with remaining fondant. Shape into various sizes and shapes..
- To assemble cake, crush 1 package of oreos and place in the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish. In a separate bowl mix pudding, milk and vanilla..
- Using mixer mix cream cheese, and butter until smooth and creamy. Mix in powdered sugar and then fold in cool whip..
- Fold in pudding mixture until all is combined. Pour over remaining 1/2 package crushed oreos on top. Let sit in the refrigerater a few hours until set. Decorate with molded vegetables and bunny. Stick in pretzel sticks around cake to resemble a fence..
Recipe Source: Home & Garden TV. This easy dirt recipe doubles as a great activity for kids. This dirt dessert recipe is a great cooking activity for kids, as there is no baking or heating necessary, it uses few ingredients, and each kid can customize their individual For larger groups, or for a different presentation, try our dirt cake instead. Top the jar with the gummy worms bought to make it look as if they are coming up out of the dirt. You have finally finished your beautiful Dirt Cake creation!