Easy Salmon Cakes. In a medium bowl, mix together salmon, egg. If you enjoy seafood, salmon cakes can be a tasty new way to enjoy a fish dinner. Instead of a fork or spoon, it may be easier to combine the salmon and cracker meal with clean hands.
They come together quickly, are great for meal prep, and are even low-carb, keto and paleo—everyone is happy! Salmon cakes (a.k.a. salmon patties) are a great example of how quick and easy it can be to get dinner on the table when you have a well-stocked pantry. Just a few common ingredients including. You can have Easy Salmon Cakes using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Salmon Cakes
- It’s of For the Salmon Cakes.
- It’s 1 lb of Salmon Filets.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of mayonnaise.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dijon mustard.
- It’s 1 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1 of large egg lightly beaten.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of dried parsley.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika.
- It’s 1/4 cup of saltine crackers or pork rinds.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare of For the Lemon Dill Sauce.
- It’s 1 cup of mayonnaise.
- Prepare of Juice and zest of 1 lemon.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of mustard.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1/4 cup of fresh chopped dill or 2 tbsp dried dill weed.
I tend to favor the fresh fish over the canned….but if time is short this recipe totally is just as great with. These easy keto salmon cakes are a fun and flavorful low carb meal without any hassle. Great for quick lunches and easy meal prep! I've never been a big fan of seafood, but I do love salmon.
Easy Salmon Cakes instructions
- Pre heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place the salmon on the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and roast for 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Cool to room temperature..
- When the fish is cool enough to handle, flake the salmon into bite sized pieces using a fork and transfer to a large bowl. If any juices begin to collect in the bottom of the bowl, drain the fish before moving forward with the remainder of the recipe..
- In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, dijon, worcestershire sauce, egg, pepper, parsley and smoked paprika..
- Add the mayonnaise mixture to the salmon and, carefully, fold together being careful not to break up the fish too much. Gently fold in the pork rinds or saltine crackers. (I used pork rinds for this recipe.).
- Form the salmon mixture into 6 patties and transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment. Chill for 15-20 minutes. (Salmon cakes can be frozen at this point. Wrap each cake tightly in plastic wrap and then foil. Unwrap and cook from frozen by following the instructions below.).
- While the salmon cakes chill, make the sauce by combining the mayonnaise, lemon juice, lemon zest, mustard, pepper and dill in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve..
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat..
- Add the salmon cakes and cook over medium heat until golden, approximately 3-4 minutes. (Longer if frozen) Turn the salmon cakes over with a spatula. Cook until golden brown, crispy and cooked through, approximately 3 minutes..
- Transfer to a serving platter and serve immediately with lemon dill sauce and lemon wedges, if desired..
The Best Ever Lemon Butter Salmon. Salmon Cakes Recipe (Salmon Patties) – Natasha's Kitchen. These salmon cakes are crisp on the outside with tasty bites of flaked salmon. Salmon patties, or salmon cakes, are wonderfully easy to make. In this easy salmon patties recipe, we dress up the salmon cakes with garlic, dill, bell pepper, paprika, lemon zest, and lemon juice.