Mum’s Irish Apple cake. This classic Irish Apple Cake may seem humble but it is a diamond in the rough. Somewhere a cross between an American coffee cake and an apple pie, this cake is one of my mum's best Irish recipes. I am so happy to share this with you as I know it will be an instant family favorite.
It's everything you'd imagine it to be and more. It's not overly sweet like many cakes can be, it has just a nice depth of sweetness which pairs well with slight tartness of the granny smith apples leaving them room to shine. Irish Apple Cake with Custard Sauce – Cooking Classy. You can have Mum’s Irish Apple cake using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mum’s Irish Apple cake
- Prepare of For the strudel topping.
- You need 3/4 cup of flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of oats.
- It’s 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 6 tablespoon of cold butter.
- Prepare of Cake part.
- You need 1/2 cup of butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of flour.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 3 tablespoon of milk.
- It’s 3 of Granny Smith Apple peeled and thinly sliced.
I want to keep this Irish apple cake all to myself.it is just that good! Irish apple cake, or sometimes called a Kerry apple cake,is a wonderful dessert. It is light and moist with a beautiful sweetness that the apples make. Sadly my mum is no longer with us, but her legendary apple pie lives on in my memory.
Mum’s Irish Apple cake step by step
- Pre heat over 350.
- For streusel mix everything but butter, then with your hand squeeze butter in mix until it gets crumble like set aside.
- For cake cream butter sugar together until fluffy add vanilla then eggs one by one.
- Separate bowl add flour baking powder cinnamon and salt fold into wet ingredients add milk.
- Put into a buttered 9 inch pan. Lay sliced apples evenly cover with streusel topping bake for 60 minutes or brown and crisp let cool serve with dusting of powdered sugar.
I promise you will love t. "As a little boy I grew up helping my mother make apple and fruit pies. She was from Cork in southern Ireland so I'm guessing the recipe is Irish and possibly the same one her mother taught her. Kerry Apple Cake, also known as Irish Apple Cake, is a moist cake with a crunchy top, and can be served cold or warm with chilled cream or custard. This Irish apple cake is like a spice cake with the extra addition of juicey apples! Faced with endless recipes for Irish Stew and Guinness based stews, I opted for one titled Ultimate Irish Apple Cake.