Meatloaf With A Twist. Meatloaf With a Twist. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Our best classic meatloaf recipe with a flavourful twist from Thai Kitchen Roasted Red Chili Paste. Next time I will addonions to the meatloaf that was the only thing missing.
It was as close to perfect as you can get. Roll meat loaf like a jelly roll (the ham and cheese will look like a swirl in center of the loaf- thus the name"with a twist"). Here's a healthy recipe for crock-pot meatloaf with an Italian twist from guest blogger Olena of iFOODreal.com. You can have Meatloaf With A Twist using 22 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Meatloaf With A Twist
- It’s of Sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of Ketchup.
- You need 1 cup of Water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Better Than Beef Bullion.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Worcestershire Sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of A-1 Steak Sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Balsamic Vinegar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Kosher Salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare of Meatloaf.
- You need 2 lb of Ground Beef.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Bread Crumbs.
- You need 1/2 cup of Whole Milk.
- Prepare 4 clove of Garlic.
- You need 1 medium of Onion.
- It’s 1 medium of Carrot.
- You need 4 oz of Mushrooms.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 2 large of Eggs.
- Prepare 3 large of Hard Boiled Eggs.
- You need 1 tsp of Kosher Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Ground Black Pepper.
She shredded zucchini to help to lighten-up this slow-cooker meatloaf recipe which means it's gluten-free and low-carb. If you're new here you may want to sign up for my. These recipes for meatloaf include loaves for the oven, crock pot, and grill, and even some yummy, kid-friendly meatloaf muffins! And it's easy to sneak veggies into a meatloaf mixture.
Meatloaf With A Twist step by step
- To make the sauce, combine all ingredients for the sauce in a medium sauce over medium-low heat. Whisk to thoroughly mix. Bring the sauce to barely a simmer and remove from the heat..
- To add an extra dimension to the sauce, sauté 4 ounces (1/2 a package) of sliced mushrooms with olive oil in separate sauté pan until golden brown and add them to the sauce..
- To start the base for the meatloaf, finely mince the carrot, onion, garlic cloves, and 4 ounces (1/2 a package) of mushrooms..
- Sauté the vegetables over medium heat in a large sauté pan in a tablespoon of olive oil until soft..
- In a large mixing bowl combine the sautéed vegetables, bread crumbs, milk, salt, pepper, and eggs. Let this mixture sit for about minute to allow the bread crumbs soak up the milk..
- Add the ground beef to the mixing bowl. Use your hands to completely mix all the ingredients together. Your hands will get very messy, use gloves if desired..
- Place the mixture in the refrigerator for about a half hour to let it set..
- After the mixture had chilled, form a ball of meat with a hard boiled egg in the center. There should be enough to form 3 to 4 of these balls..
- Use rolled up tin foil to form a circle to stand the large meatloaf balls on..
- Cook in a preheated 350°F oven for about 45 to 60 minutes, until the outside is golden brown. Another option is to cook them on the grill with some wood chunks to add a little smoke flavor..
- Remove from the oven and let meatloaf rest for 5 minutes..
- Remove the foil. Slice, add sauce, and enjoy..
Grate carrots finely and throw them into the meat mixture; they add both nutrients and slightly sweet flavor to the loaf. You won't miss the grains in this Paleo Meatloaf! This recipe uses shredded apples in place of the bread crumbs, it is surprisingly light and has a hint of natural sweetness. These creative meatloaf recipes put a twist on the classic meatloaf recipe with flavors from Asia, the Middle East, and other classic comfort food recipes. However, these awesomely creative meatloaf recipes put a twist on the traditional comfort food and are sure to please a variety of even the pickiest.