Pineapple upside-down cake. This classic pineapple upside-down cake makes a fun centrepiece for afternoon tea and brings back many childhood memories. This pineapple upside down cake is dense, like a sour cream pound cake, with ground almonds in the flour to give it even more substance and a slight almond flavor. Place heatproof serving plate upside down onto pan; turn plate and pan over.
Made with a soft, fluffy, and simple vanilla cake base that uses only the most basic ingredients and a pretty topping of caramelized pineapple and maraschino cherries, this classic recipe is slated to be a staple in your baking repertoire. Chef Anna Olson shows you how to make the best Pineapple Upside Down Cake using her own original recipe! You won't want to make it any other way! You can have Pineapple upside-down cake using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pineapple upside-down cake
- It’s 4 of tsp,butter,Melted, divided.
- You need 4 tsp. of Brown sugar.
- It’s 2 of canned unsweetened pineapple slices.
- It’s 2 of maraschino cherries.
- You need 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 3 tbsp. of Sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of Baking powder.
- You need 1/8 tsp of salt.
- Prepare Dash of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 3 tbsp. of Milk.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of Vanilla extract.
This Homemade Pineapple Upside-Down Cake features a caramelized pineapple topping and an incredibly buttery, moist cake. Today's recipe is one I've always loved and I think you'll love too – this easy pineapple upside-down cake. One of the things that I love about this recipe is that it's made. This pineapple upside-down cake from Delish.com will remind you why it's a classic.
Pineapple upside-down cake step by step
- Pour 1/2 tsp. Butter into each of two 10-oz. ramekins coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Top with a pineapple slice. Place a cherry in the center of each pineapple slice ; set aside..
- In a small bowl,combine flour,sugar,baking powder,salt and nutmeg. Beat in the milk,vanilla and remaining butter just until combined. Spoon over pineapple..
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes. Run a knife around the edges of the ramekins; invert onto dessert plates. Serve warm..
Make topping: Mix butter with brown sugar and add to prepared cake pan. Pineapple upside down cake is a retro favourite that's stood the test of time for good reason. Drain the pineapple slices and leave to dry on kitchen paper. Vegan pineapple upside down cake from scratch! Not only is this easy recipe vegan (dairy-free, egg-free), but it's also gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and healthier than most classic pineapple upside down cakes.