YIELDS: 4 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 10 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 0 HOURS 30 MINS
12 oz. fettuccine
1 lb. sirloin steak
2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp. butter
2 cloves, minced
2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
2 c. milk
1 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley
1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan
1 1/2 c. halved cherry tomatoes
4 c. baby spinach
Balsamic glaze, for drizzling
1. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
2. Coat both sides of steak with oil and season generously with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook steak until your desired doneness, 4 minutes per side for medium rare. Transfer to the disc to rest, 10 minutes, then thinly cut.
3. Meanwhile, make alfredo sauce: Add butter to skillet and let melt, then add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Whisk in flour and cook 1 minute more, then add milk and simmer until thickened, 5 minutes. Add parsley and Parmesan and season with salt and pepper. Add tomatoes and cook down 2 minutes.
4. Add cooked pasta to sauce and toss until coated, then add spinach and toss until wilted.
5. Top with sliced steak and drizzle with balsamic glaze.