Creamy Beef and Shells
Author: Catalina Castravet
Serves: 6 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 mins
8 ounces medium pasta shells
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound ground beef
1 small sweet onion (diced)
5 cloves garlic (minced)
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup beef stock
1 (15oz can) marinara sauce
3/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup sour cream
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese (freshly grated)
1. Cook pasta according to package instructions in a large pot of boiling salted water and drain well.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add ground beef and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, breaking it with a wooden spoon. Drain excess fat and set aside.
3. To the same skillet, add diced onion, and cook for 2minutes, stirring frequently. Add garlic, and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
4. Whisk in flour until lightly browned, for about 1 minute.
5. Gradually whisk in beef stock and stir to combine. Add marinara sauce and stir in Italian seasoning, dried parsley, oregano, and paprika.
6. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced and slightly thickened, about 6-8 minutes.
7. Stir in cooked pasta, add back beef.
8. Stir in heavy cream until heated through, about 1-2 minutes. Taste and adjust for salt and pepper.
9. Stir in sour cream.
10. Stir in cheddar cheese until melted, about 1-2 minutes.
11. Serve immediately, garnish with parsley if desired.