Baked Mussakhan on bread. Normally it is made with freshly baked Arabic Bread, but I have tried it with pita bread, since not everyone has time to make fresh bread, and it Place the pieces of arabic or pita bread in a baking pan, and pour some of the chicken broth you just made on top of the bread (you want to soak the. Mussakhan is a classic Palestinian dish traditionally laid out on a giant piece of bread, where the flavorful roasting juices laced with allspice, sumac, and cumin can be poured over the top. It is meant to be placed on the table so that everyone can pull off sections of bread and chicken.
See great recipes for Baked Mussakhan on bread, Chicken mussakhan roll too! Mussakhan, roasted chicken with sumac on pita bread. Our recipe for Zucchini Squares is a baked zucchini dish that's made with grated cheese, lots of seasonings, and a few other ingredients. You can cook Baked Mussakhan on bread using 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Baked Mussakhan on bread
- It’s 4 pounds of drum sticks chicken.
- You need 3 pounds of onions.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of olive oil.
- You need 3 tablespoon of sumac.
- You need 1 tablespoon of each.
- It’s of Pepper.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of Paprika.
- Prepare 16 oz of whole wheat flour tortilla or pita bread.
- Prepare of For chicken broth one tablespoon of.
- It’s 1 stick of cinnamon.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of black Pepper.
- Prepare of Anistar.
- It’s leaves of Bay.
- It’s of Cloves.
- You need of Coriander seed.
- Prepare 4 tablespoon of olive oil.
- You need of Dry lemon ground.
- Prepare of Cumin seed.
This dish is inspired by the classic Palestinian dish called mussakhan (pronounce moo-ssa-khann), which is Arabic for "heated up". The lemony aroma of sumac comes wafting out of the envelope of bread. After baking, the bread is crackly and gets torn up in bite-size pieces. Mussakhan is a classic Palestinian dish eaten in villages throughout the region.
Baked Mussakhan on bread step by step
- Wash chicken add to the pan cook with 4tablespoon of olive oil for five minutes let it get some color then add all the spices and cook some more after 10 minutes add 4 cups of hot water cook for half hour.
- Slice all the onions add to the pan with 1/2 cup olive oil and cook to get it soft about 20 minutes in the end add salt sumac paprika.
- When the chicken is ready add on top the onions add 2 cups of chicken broth and cook for 10 minutes.
- Get a baking tray ready dip all the bread at the sauce then place on tray spread the onions and chicken on top baked at 400 degrees for 10 minutes then broil for 5 minutes keep your eyes on it.
- Crispy edges on the side.
Among Palestinians, mussakhan is a beloved roast chicken dish, at once energetic and comforting. Khan serves the chicken on toasted naan or taboon bread, which soak up the juices, but it's Transfer the meat, onion slices and any juices to a baking sheet and roast until the juices run clear. Watch and share with friends !! Subscribe our channel for more videos !! #MusaKhan #MusaKhanPressTalk. Mussakhan Palestinian Roast Chicken with Sumac and Red Onions.