Not your mom's meatloaf. Traeger's Not Your Mama's Meatloaf recipe put a whole new layer of flavor on an old classic. Transfer the meatloaf to a wire rack and place on the grill. Meatloaf is a family favorite dish, but it can be very fattening.
But when Thunder Bay Grille takes on the dish, it's anything but ordinary! Joining us to cook up their Hickory Smoked Bison Meatloaf is Chef Mike Stigler Thanksgiving is right around the corner! If you want to skip the all the cooking and cleaning. You can cook Not your mom's meatloaf using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Not your mom's meatloaf
- It’s 3 of carrots diced.
- It’s 1 pound of grass fed, organic lean ground beef.
- It’s 1 pound of organic lean ground turkey.
- It’s 1 can of low sodium diced or crushed tomatoes.
- You need 1 of onion, diced.
- It’s 1 of bell pepper (green, red or yellow) diced.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of whole oats.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of sea salt.
- It’s 2 cups of cooked lentils.
Line two loaf pans with parchment paper and divide the meatloaf mixture between them. Using a pastry brush, brush the glaze over each meatloaf muffin. Be careful not to get the glaze on the pan itself or else it will burn and really stick. Run a butter knife around the edge of each meatloaf to loosen it from the pan.
Not your mom's meatloaf step by step
- Place diced carrots in a pot of boiling water for 3 to 5 minutes to soften them while you are mixing other ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Line a 13 x 9" baking dish with parchment paper Place another piece of parchment paper on the counter.
- Mix all other ingredients in a large bowl. It is best to do this with clean bare hands to make sure it is mixed well.
- When carrots are lightly steamed, drain and add to mixture.
- Remove mixture from bowl emplace onto the extra piece of parchment paper. Divide mixture in half, forming 2 loaves.
- Place one loaf on baking dish, and cook for one hour.
- Wrap other loaf with parchment paper then wrap with plastic wrap or foil, and freeze for another day.
Not Your Mom's Meatloaf. . . My family — especially the kids — loves anything that has a Mexican "theme" to it, for dinner. Maybe it is that they absolutely love "queso"? Though, I don't really serve that at home, and that isn't part of this meal. Not My Mam'a Meatloaf is an easy meatloaf recipe using a surprisingly simple ingredient, a boxed stuffing mix!