Irish Soda Bread. The batter for this unadulterated soda bread features buttermilk for a special richness. "A good old fashioned soda bread with just the basic ingredients. Buttermilk gives this crusty loaf a good flavor. Traditional Irish Soda Bread is a dense and moist bread that requires no rising time and just four simple ingredients to make.
Buttermilk and cold butter are the secret to its delicious success! Quick and easy Irish soda bread recipe with flour, baking soda, salt, buttermilk, raisins, an egg, and a touch of sugar. Irish soda bread is a hearty, delicious baked treat that is usually enjoyed around Saint Patrick's Day. You can cook Irish Soda Bread using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Irish Soda Bread
- Prepare 1 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coarse sea salt.
- You need 3/4 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of dried berries.
However, this easy-to-make bread can be enjoyed all year for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! For quick and easy bread, make Ina Garten's Irish Soda Bread recipe from Barefoot Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. If you want a simple bread without yeast, this Irish soda bread Try this easy soda bread recipe for when you want bread in a hurry – it's ready in less than an hour with no kneading, proving (or yeast). Traditional Irish Soda Bread has a particular look, but do you know what it is?
Irish Soda Bread instructions
- Preheat oven to 425F..
- Combined flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl..
- Add buttermilk and mix until a dough forms..
- Add dried berries and knead in the bowl..
- Dust a baking sheet with flour. Form a ball with your dough and place on the sheet. Flatten the ball out and then with a large knife or pastry scraper make 2 deep cuts that almost separate the dough into 4 equal portions. You need to do that for the bread to bake completely. Dust the top of the dough with flour..
- Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown..
The marking on top is a cross. It comes from blessing the bread before baking. So you can have fresh bread any night!" What it tastes like. It's called Irish Soda Bread because it's made with baking soda instead of yeast. Like so many delicious breads, Irish Soda Bread is the product of a time when fancy ingredients weren't available or affordable, so it's made with only the most basic ingredients.