Mom's Banana Bread. My mom's recipe was the model for this banana bread. The new version is liked so much we make it all the time–at least every two weeks. I think the miniloaves would be a perfect holiday gift.
Banana bread is so classic, it's great to bake all year round. I've been using the same recipe as my mom. Everyone has their go-to Banana Bread recipe and this is most definitely mine. You can have Mom's Banana Bread using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mom's Banana Bread
- It’s 1 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 1/4 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 2/3 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/3 cup of butter.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- You need 2 tbsp of milk.
- It’s 3 medium of bananas.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of nutmeg.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts (optional).
I'll show you the fastest way to whip up a batch of this timeless treat in. Bananas and pecans come together in an exceptionally moist quick-bread from food editor Ben Mim's mom—it's irresistible at any time of day. EVERYONE has a "Mom's Banana Bread Recipe" and their recipe is the best. This recipe and my banana nut muffins are my go-to recipes that my Mom has baked for my entire life.
Mom's Banana Bread step by step
- Mix sugar and butter. I sometimes leave the butter out for a bit ahead of time to soften and/or I microwave for just a few seconds..
- Add bananas, then eggs and milk. You can use more bananas or fewer depending on your taste. For best results, use bananas that have started to brown, but have not yet gone bad..
- Add salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add the walnuts (optional). When all is mixed well, add the flour..
- Bake in greased pan at 350 for 60-65 minutes. If you like nuts, sprinkle a few walnuts (chopped or whole ) over the top before baking..
How to make Mom's Banana Nut Bread Recipe: This is a very easy banana bread to make. In one bowl, you'll mix sugar, oil, mashed ripe bananas, eggs, buttermilk and vanilla. In a banana apple bread recipe from NYC's Sweet Melissa Patisserie, caramelized apples enrich cinnamon-and-clove-spiced banana bread. Here is how you cook that. Moist and tender sweet bread full of ripe bananas and covered in chopped walnuts.