Jamaican Christmas Cake. The Traditional Jamaican Black Cake is preferred and baked by most Jamaicans during the Christmas season. Jamaican Christmas cake, which is also referred to as Jamaican black cake has long been the most popular Jamaican dessert in Jamaica. Jamaican black cake is thought to be derived from the British.
But remember, the key is steeping. CHRISTMAS CAKE – (WEDDING CAKE TOO) Welcome to Jamaican Food / Christmas Cake Learn how to bake Jamaican food Christmas Cake. Is the most popular Jamaican food. You can cook Jamaican Christmas Cake using 25 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Jamaican Christmas Cake
- You need 1 1/4 cup of Jamaican white over proof rum.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of port wine or red label wine.
- You need 1/2 cup of raisins.
- You need 1/2 cup of currants.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of dates.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of dried prunes.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of maraschino cherries.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped almonds.
- You need 1 cup of orange juice.
- It’s 1 of grated zest from one lime.
- You need 1 cup of dark molasses.
- You need 2 tbs of browning.
- You need 1 tbs of lime juice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 tsp of almond extract.
- Prepare 9 of eggs.
- It’s 2 cups of butter.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of flour.
- It’s 2 cups of brown sugar.
- Prepare 3 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground all spice.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground clove.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need Pinch of salt.
You feel it in the air – the weather changes (it gets nicer), the blossoms and even the fresher, gentler breeze, Christmas is. Jamaican Christmas cake basically uses the same method; the only difference is, it is steamed instead of baked. The pudding has a more moist texture than the cake. Traditional Jamaican Christmas Cake, Rich Christmas Cake, Christmas Cake, etc.
Jamaican Christmas Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degree then grease and flour 2 round baking pans or which size pan u choose..
- In a blender add rum, wine, dates, raisins,cherries with their liquid, prunes, currants, chopped almond, orange juice and blend until all the fruits are chopped. Let sit for 1hr (2days is way better 😀).
- In a large bowl cream sugar and butter. Then add eggs mix well.
- Add molasses, browning, blended fruit mixture, lime juice, vanilla, almond extract and stir.
- Add flour, nutmeg, cloves, all spice, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, lime zest and stir. Do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into your baking pans and bake for 1hr. You can put some cherries in the center of the batter if you wish. Stick a toothpick in the middle to ensure it's done. Tooth pick will come out clean if it's done. Enjoy!.
Recipe for The Jamaican Christmas Cake. My dear wife has kindly consented to share a Christmas Cake recipe with you. This recipe is also used when making a Jamaican wedding cake. At CakeClicks.com find thousands of cakes categorized into thousands of categories. Spoon the mixture into the prepared cake tin, tap the cake tin on the work surface a couple of times to knock any air out and level off the.