Danish Cake (Betty Wilson's). Sift or sprinkle powdered sugar over top of cake; sprinkle with almonds. This is a holiday cake my mother made that I like a lot. Choose from a range of handmade cakes for all occasions, handcrafted in Yorkshire.
This cookie is essential for the security of the website and. Lagkage (Danish Layer Cake) made of layers of sponge cake interleaved with custard and jam, all topped off with sweetened whipped cream. Betty demonstrates how to make her Best Chocolate Cake with Double Frosting. You can cook Danish Cake (Betty Wilson's) using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Danish Cake (Betty Wilson's)
- Prepare 8 oz of Chopped Dates.
- It’s 4 oz of Chopped Glazed (Candied) Cherries.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Coarseley Chopped Walnuts.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Coarsely Chopped Pecans.
- You need 3 Cups of Flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 of Teasponse of Baking Soda.
- You need 1 Teaspoon of Salt.
- It’s 1 Cup of Butter.
- It’s 1 3/4 cups of Sugar.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Butter milk.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla.
- You need 1 cup of White Sugar.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Orange Juice.
- Prepare of Grated Rind of 1 Orange.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded Coconut.
This cake is composed of three moist chocolate layers that are frosted with. The history for this cake originates from the small Danish town Hjallerup, Jutland which is located in the western part of Denmark. A Danish pastry, sometimes shortened to just Danish (especially in American English), is a multilayered, laminated sweet pastry in the viennoiserie tradition. Betty Botta bought some butter, "But", she said, "this butter's bitter, If I put it in my batter.
Danish Cake (Betty Wilson's) step by step
- In Bowl #1 add the following: 8 oz Chopped Dates; 4 oz Chopped Glazed (Candied) Cherries; 1 cup Coarsely Chopped Walnuts; 1 Cup Coarsely Chopped Pecans.
- In Bowl #2 stir together the following: 3 cups of flour; 1 1/2 Teaspoons of Baking Soda; 1 Teaspoon of Salt. Take about 1/3 of contents of Bowl #2 mixture and add to Bowl #1 to coat the nuts/dates/cherries..
- In Bowl #3 mix in a mixer the following (in order): 1 Cup Butter; 1 3/4 cups Sugar; While Mixing in Bowl #3 add: 3 eggs plus the remaining ingredients of Bowl #2 then 1 Cup of Buttermilk; 1 Tablespoon Orange Juice; 1 teaspoon vanilla..
- After mixing Bowl #3 well, mix in Bowl #1 (Date/Nuts/Cherries) to uniform consistency.
- Prepare 9" Tube cake pan by greasing the pan well, then lining with aluminum foil and greasing the inside of the foil as well. Place the mixture of Bowl #3, evenly distributed around the pan. Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes at 350 degrees (375 degrees at altitudes over 4000').
- While it's baking combine 1 Cup white sugar, 1 Cup Orange Juice, and the grated find of 1 orange in a sauce pan. Mix well and bring to a boil over medium heat..
- Remove cake from oven, test with toothpick to make sure it's done. The toothpick should come out clean when done..
- Remove Orange Juice (sauce pan) from heat and add 1 cup shredded coconut (Mix well) and Pour Orange Juice & Coconut Mix over cake in the pan..
- Cover the cake in the pan with foil and let stand in refrigerator overnight before removing from the pan. Keep sealed and refrigerated for best flavor and longevity. Enjoy.
And her batter was not bitter, So ′twas better Betty Botter. She is also a wedding cake consultation specialist, which includes but not limited to designing, decorating and delivering one of the most important parts of any couples "big day". Here at Betty's, we pride ourselves on supplying you with the best treats in town for any occasion. Cake mix and ready-to-spread frosting mixed with melted chips—what could be easier? Chocolate cake mix to make a Devil's Food Cake.