The Ultimate Classic Carrot Cake. Fold in carrots, pineapple and walnuts. Nothing beats a classic carrot cake – this one has a touch of cinnamon and walnuts plus the obligatory cream cheese icing. There's a reason I've called this the The Ultimate Carrot Cake with cream cheese frosting: it's extra moist and tender and flavored with the perfect blend of spices.
They are loaded with fruits, and use baking Many carrot cakes are extremely sweet. Most folks say it's because we Americans love our sweets extra sweet. That may well be true, but sugar is also a. You can cook The Ultimate Classic Carrot Cake using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of The Ultimate Classic Carrot Cake
- It’s 3 cups of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 2 cups of sugar.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- It’s 4 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cups of vegetable oil (or canola oil, grapeseed oil, etc.).
- It’s 3/4 cups of unsweetened, chunky applesauce.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s 2 cups of carrots, shredded (about 5 small carrots).
- Prepare 1 (15 ounces) of can pineapple, drained and chopped.
- You need 1 cup of walnuts, chopped.
This carrot cake is one of our all-time favorites. Made with grated carrots, pieces of Granny Smith apple, and sweetened coconut, the They are also tender and delicate, so treat them carefully when removing from your pans. And, can we talk about the garnishes on this classic Southern cake recipe? Delia's The Ultimate Carrot Cake recipe.
The Ultimate Classic Carrot Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease three 8-inch round cake pans with nonstick spray..
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt..
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, oil, applesauce and vanilla..
- Stir egg mixture into flour mixture until just combined. Fold in carrots, pineapple and walnuts..
- Evenly divide batter between prepared cake pans and bake in oven for about 45 minutes until a tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Set aside to cool..
- When the cakes feel cool to the touch, place the butter and cream cheese in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and beat on medium-low speed until smooth and creamy, about 3 minutes..
- With the mixer running on low, gradually add in powdered sugar. Beat on medium until light and fluffy, scraping down the bowl as necessary..
- Remove the cooled cakes from their tins and place one of the layers, flat side down, on a flat plate or cake stand..
- Spread with 3/4 cup frosting. Top with another cake layer. Spread with 3/4 cup frosting. Top with final layer..
- Using icing spatula, spread remaining frosting over the top and sides of the cake, making decorative swirls in the frosting if desired..
- Press chopped walnuts along the bottom edge of the sides..
- Cake can be stored, covered in fridge, for up to 3 days. Serve at room temperature..
Well, it has to be said. There have been many versions over the years, but this is the There have been many versions over the years, but this is the ultimate and it's great for a birthday or any other celebration. At the football club we make them into little cakes. Classic Carrot Cake – deliciously moist spiced carrot cake layers with a perfectly tangy cream cheese buttercream. And while I absolutely love that unique carrot cake, I've been feeling for a while now that a classic, more traditional carrot cake was calling my name. Войти.