Zaater bread. How to make Zaatar bread or Zaktar bread in easy steps. If you never tried zaatar bread, you've been missing out on something very delicious Or if you never baked zaatar bread, this is a good time to try. Hi friends, today we travel to Middle East countries to deal with zaater kubuz or as they call it Manakish.
Zaatar Bread, aka Manoushe or Manakish, is a popular flatbread from the middle east. The bread can be prepared with pizza dough and is then topped with a zaatar seasoning. Crispy, flaky cracker like bread infused with fresh za'atar (similar to oregano). zaater bread nutrition facts and nutritional information. You can cook Zaater bread using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Zaater bread
- Prepare 1 cup of flour.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- You need 3/4 cup of yogurt.
- It’s 5 tablespoon of zaater.
- It’s 3 tablespoon of Extra virgin olive oil.
Cooking Channel serves up this Zaatar Pita Bread recipe plus many other recipes at CookingChannelTV.com. The extra za'atar and olive oil is great for dipping! Just grab your favorite bread 🙂 You can also use it to dress up a salad or some grilled veggies! Zaatar Bread is basic pita bread dough that has been docked so that it doesn't split into a pocket and topped with Olive Oil and the Middle Eastern Spice mixture Zaatar.
Zaater bread instructions
- Mix flour with baking powder with fork then start adding the yogurt with one spoon at time and mix.
- When you start seeing the dough come together put on the counter and start kneading the dough no sticking on you hands or the counter at least 5 minutes.
- Cut the dough to 5 balls or less let it rest for 10 minutes.
- In this time mix the zaater with oil.
- Flat the balls and scoop one spoon of zaater and spread it over cook it on reheated oven on 500 f for 5 minutes or less just keep watching enjoy 😉.
A simple authentic recipe for Zaatar Spice – a flavorful Middle Eastern Spice blend that can be made with spices you already have! Za'atar is commonly sprinkled over labneh (yogurt cheese) and hot flat breads and complements oily fish, various stews, soups, and salads. Zaatar bread also known as "fatayer fallahi" which means villagers' pie, is a typical Palestinian pastry mostly made in spring, which is the official season of collecting fresh. See great recipes for Zaater bread, Puff pastry with zaater, Coconut flat bread too! Manakish Zaatar is a traditional Lebanese variety of pita bread spiced with Zaatar.