Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread. In a large bowl, melt the butter and let cool slightly. Whisk in the sugar then the eggs and vanilla. Top evenly with the remaining batter and sprinkle the rest of the cinnamon sugar mixture on top.
Tired of your same-old banana bread recipe? This Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread might just become a new family favorite. Super moist, flavorful and topped with a swirl of cinnamon sugar, this Cinnamon Banana Bread recipe is one you'll make over and over again!. You can have Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread
- You need 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need 4 of ripe bananas, mashed (about 1–1/2 cups.
- Prepare 3/4 cup (2 sticks) of unsalted butter, melted.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 2 of large eggs.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- You need of Cinnamon swirl.
- You need 2 Tbs of cinnamon.
- Prepare 2 Tbs of coconut oil.
- You need 2 Tbs of brown sugar.
- It’s 2 Tbs of granulated sugar.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Store cinnamon swirl bread in the refrigerator, covered in plastic wrap or in a sealed container. But anyway, back to this banana bread.
Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease and flour a 9×5-inch loaf pan and set aside..
- In a large bowl, melt the butter and let cool slightly. Whisk in the sugar then the eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour and baking soda. Fold in the mashed bananas until just combined..
- In a small bowl, use a fork to stir together the cinnamon sugar swirl ingredients until thick and well combined..
- Spread 1/4 of the batter evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Dollop 1/4 of the cinnamon sugar mixture over the batter in the pan and then make a nice thick swirl through the batter with a table knife or bottom of a wooden spoon..
- Place 1/3 of the remaining batter evenly over the first layer and swirl with 1/3 of the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture. Place 1/2 of the remaining batter evenly over the second layer and swirl with 1/2 of the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture..
- Spread the remaining batter evenly over the top and dollop with the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture. Make large swirls throughout the entire loaf..
- Place loaf pan on a baking sheet and bake for 60-70 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean..
- Let the bread cool in the pan for at least 30 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Once cooled, enjoy!.
I added an additional banana and a bit of brown sugar to add more moisture to the bread. Moist banana bread = the best thing ever. The cinnamon swirl is just a mix of cinnamon and sugar layered with the banana bread mixture. For the swirl, you can either make one thicker layer or two slightly thinner layers. Mix together bananas, butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla.