Bacon-Wrapped Cheesy Meatloaf. This Bacon Wrapped Cheese Stuffed Meatloaf is not only moist but SO FLAVORFUL! It's always good to switch things up a bit! And maybe send me your version of a delicious meatloaf!
Meat loaf that is covered in bacon and oozing with Cheddar cheese is sure to be a crowd pleaser! It's best to just make meatloaf the way YOU like it.and then add the concept of bacon and cheese. I think I would have liked it more if I had made how I normally do and then added the cheese and bacon. You can cook Bacon-Wrapped Cheesy Meatloaf using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bacon-Wrapped Cheesy Meatloaf
- Prepare 1 of package (16 ounces) thick cut bacon.
- It’s 1 1/2 lb of ground beef (chuck or about 80/20).
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded cheese (your favorite one or more).
- Prepare 1 envelope of beefy onion soup mix (lipton or other).
- It’s 1/3 cup of ketchup.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of yellow mustard.
- You need 1 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 cup of – give or take – cracker crumbs (any kind-I used bacon ritz).
- It’s 2 clove of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 of salt & pepper to taste.
This bacon wrapped meatloaf is the king of all meatloaves. With a crispy bacon weave wrapped outside and cheese stuffed inside, this recipe can be used for regular family dinners or special occasions, such as a party. While bacon-wrapped meatloaf is pretty amazing on its own, don't stop there! Check out these other meatloaf recipes for easy and delicious meal planning.
Bacon-Wrapped Cheesy Meatloaf step by step
- Preheat oven to °350. Line bottom & sides of loaf pan with bacon, slightly overlapping (or weave into a lattice pattern), saving about 5 strips to cover top..
- In large bowl add ground beef & shredded cheese. In small bowl mix together all other ingredients & let sit for about 5 minutes. Pour in with meat & cheese & mix lightly with a fork, kinda fluffing it up as you go..
- Stuff meat mixture into bacon lined pan and layer top with remaining bacon. Just try to keep it evenly spread across whole top of meatloaf. Cover with foil (I used 2 layers) & bake for about an hour and a half until meat thermometer reads °160F..
- Take out of oven & uncover. Bake uncovered another 15-20 minutes until bacon is browned & at desired crispiness. Also, if desired, take back out & add a layer of ketchup across top & bake another 10-15 minutes until ketchup has carmelized into a glaze type topping. (Or use broiler & keep an eye on it until it's ready, it won't take long.).
- When done let sit for 10 minutes. Cut & serve. Is great with mashed or baked potatoes or on a sandwich roll..
Cheesy Bacon and Beer Sloppy Joes. Bacon-Wrapped Pork Tenderloin with Rainbow Roasted Veggies. Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf is pure comfort food! A classic dinner recipe gets upgraded with bacon – the best way to serve this traditional family meal! I have never admitted this publicly, but meatloaf has kind of become one of my favorite hearty, comforting dinners for the fall and winter season.