Bacon-wrapped Meatloaf. Brush loaf with all of glaze, then arrange bacon slices, crosswise, over loaf, overlapping them slightly and tucking them under to prevent curling. This bacon wrapped and cheese filled meatloaf is perfect for someone who is not on a low calorie diet. This was my first time making this and I have made it.
Barbeque sauce-infused meatloaf is wrapped with bacon strips for a flavorful and rich twist on the traditional meatloaf. This easy Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf recipe will become a family favorite for sure! Meatloaf is back and better than ever, full of flavor, some hidden veggies, and wrapped with delicious thick cut bacon! You can cook Bacon-wrapped Meatloaf using 17 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bacon-wrapped Meatloaf
- It’s of meatloaf.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef (85% preferred).
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 1/2 cup of ketchup.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of dry thyme.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of bread crumbs.
- You need 6 of slices of bacon.
- Prepare of glaze topping.
- You need 1/4 cup of ketchup.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of mustard.
- It’s 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
Meatloaf is practically synonymous with American cuisine and belongs in every cook's repertoire. A traditional meatloaf recipe is made with seasoned ground beef combined. The bacon imparts a wonderful smoky flavor and helps keep the meat nice and juicy. 🥓. This Bacon-Wrapped Meatloaf Recipe is a must for the bacon-lovers in your life.
Bacon-wrapped Meatloaf instructions
- Preheat oven on 350°F.
- Saute onions in butter until soft..
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl..
- Add dry spices, ketchup, onions and cheese. Mix..
- Crumble ground beef in bowl. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Mix GENTLY to incorporate all ingredients. (mixing aggressively or squeezing and squishing will give you an end result of tough meat.) The mixture will feel fairly wet but should still hold together. Only add more bread crumbs if it doesn't hold..
- Put mixture in a baking dish. Form into a loaf. (Your dish should be larger than you loaf so it isn't drowning in grease).
- Lay slices of bacon across top of loaf until it is completely covered..
- Bake at 350°F for 45 min. If your bacon is not fully crisp at this point then turn oven to broil for a few minutes until crispy..
- While your loaf is cooking mix all glaze ingredients in small bowl..
- Slather the glaze on top of crispy bacon and cook at 350° for about 5-10 minutes until hot..
- You can sprinkle a little cheese on top for garnish..
- Transfer loaf to cutting board removing any fat that has accumulated on bottom of loaf. Slice and enjoy..
Using pre-cooked bacon strips results in less grease and a prettier presentation. I know meatloaf isn't the most popular choice when it comes to dinner, but my family loves a good meatloaf. This Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf has plenty of flavor, thanks to. What's more comforting and satisfying than meatloaf? How about meatloaf wrapped in bacon, seasoned perfectly, and dowsed with a rich, creamy gravy?