Italian Meatloaf. Pack the meat mixture into an oiled loaf pan, if you do not have a loaf pan, form the meat mixture into a loaf shape on an oiled oven tray or baking dish. This Italian meatloaf is basically one big giant meatball, or at least that's what I tell my kids so that they'll eat it. But, seriously, it is similar to meatballs, only it has a lot more flavor and is easier to make.
Tomatoes, mozzarella cheese and Italian seasonings flavor this ground beef meatloaf. Serve it with buttered pasta and green salad for an easy dinner. Italian Meatloaf is a tender, flavorful meatloaf made from a combination of ground beef and Italian sausage. You can cook Italian Meatloaf using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Italian Meatloaf
- It’s of ingredients:.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare 1 small of red bell pepper, diced.
- Prepare 1 small of white onion, diced.
- It’s 3 clove of of garlic, minced.
- It’s 2 lb of meatloaf mix (ground beef and pork).
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 cup of Italian seasoned bread crumbs.
- You need 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chopped basil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chopped parsley.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of marinera sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of ketchup.
Cooked in a rich tomato sauce and covered with a thick layer of Fontina cheese. Start with a simple meatloaf then pour on pasta sauce for quick Italian flavor. MORE+ LESS Italian meatloaf made with ground turkey, sauce, mozzarella cheese, and Italian seasonings may very well be the best turkey meatloaf ever! I don't know what your experience was with meatloaf growing.
Italian Meatloaf step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Heat olive oil in skillet, over low-medium heat. Add pepper, onion, and garlic..
- Saute until translucent, then remove from heat..
- Combine all other ingredients (hands work the best, just make sure their clean!) EXCEPT FOR THE MARINERA AND KETCHUP!.
- Add cooled sauteed veggies.
- Mix well!!.
- Form into loaf on a baking pan, the one I used is a 11×17. With plenty of extra space.
- Mix together both marinera sauce and ketchup, pour about half over top of loaf. Then place in oven to bake for about 50-60 minutes, or until center reaches 160°F..
- Finished product! I served this with a side of Oven Baked Parsley Red Potatoes! https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/355410-oven-baked-parsley-red-potatoes.
An Italian meatloaf smothered in an incredible tomato marinara sauce. The meatloaf is cooked in the sauce which infuses it with extra flavour as well as keeping it extra juicy and moist! The great thing about this Italian meatloaf is that it doesn't have "fillers" like oatmeal, bread crumbs or flour, so you'll really taste the herbs and sauce. Then, the crusty parmegiano reggiano (and please. Tear some crusty Italian bread into chunks and place it in a bowl.