Christmas Cake. Christmas cake recipes from all your favourite BBC Chefs Mary Berry, Delia Smith, Frances Quinn, The Hairy Bikers and many more. If you're making and decorating a Christmas cake for the first time. Christmas cake is a type of cake, often fruitcake, served at Christmas time in many countries.
I've embraced the cut out technique using an actual gingerbread man cutter. Feel free to use one large gingerbread man or, depending on the size of your cake, a mix. Find christmas cake stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection. You can have Christmas Cake using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Christmas Cake
- Prepare 8 oz of butter.
- It’s 8 oz of dark soft brown sugar.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- It’s 8 oz of plain flour, sifted.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of allspice.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of black treacle.
- You need 1 tablespoon of lemon or orange juice.
- You need 8 oz of seedless raisins.
- You need 12 oz of currants.
- You need 8 oz of sultanas.
- It’s 4 oz of cut mixed peel.
- It’s 3 oz of glace cherries, quartered, washed and dried.
- You need of grated rind of 1 lemon.
- You need of grated rind of 1 small orange.
- You need 6-8 tablespoons of brandy (divided).
Thousands of new, high-quality pictures added every day. This Christmas cake decorating playlist includes all my Christmas ideas and video tutorials, old and new. Rich cheesecakes, old-fashioned fruitcakes, gingerbread, and red velvet cake. We've made lots of Christmas cake recipes over the years.
Christmas Cake instructions
- In a large bowl, combine the raisins, currants, sultanas, mixed peel, glace cherries and grated lemon and orange rind. Add 3-4 tablespoons brandy, stir well and leave to soak..
- Preheat the oven to 300 F..
- Grease and line an 8 inch round or 7 inch square deep cake tin with greased greaseproof paper..
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until very light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, folding in a tablespoon of flour after each addition..
- Sift the remaining flour with spices and fold into the creamed mixture, using a large metal spoon. Then stir in the treacle and fruit juice..
- Add the brandy-soaked fruit mix to the cake mixture and stir until evenly blended, then turn into the prepared tin. Smooth the surface, make a small hollow in the center and tie a treble thickness of brown paper around the outside of the tin..
- Bake in the preheated cool oven for about 3.25-3.50 hours or until a warmed fine skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean..
- Leave the cake in the tin overnight to cool completely. Prick the surface all over with a fine skewer, then pour over the remaining 3-4 tablespoons brandy and allow to soak in. Remove the cake from the tin, wrap securely in foil and store in a cool dry place..
From chocolate and cherry to gin and tea – here are our favourites. To make a Christmas cake, start by chopping almonds. Then mix the almonds with dried fruit and brandy and let it sit overnight. Combine the dry ingredients in one bowl, and cream the butter, brown. Try our traditional boozy fruit cakes along with alternative ideas to serve over the festive season – impressive white snowball cake, boozy rum and raisin bundt cake.