Applesauce Banana Bread. This is the only banana bread recipe I have used for a few years, my family really likes it. Add applesauce and eggs and beat well. This is our go-to easy, healthy banana bread with applesauce recipe that my whole family loves.
I was looking for a great low fat banana bread. This is it, but I did tweak the recipe a bit. Applesauce is the ingredient that can save the day when you want to make banana bread and The question that we wanted to answer was: "Would the loaf with the applesauce substitute still hold its. You can cook Applesauce Banana Bread using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Applesauce Banana Bread
- Prepare 3 medium of bananas.
- Prepare 1 cup of packed brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of Applesauce, unsweetened.
- Prepare 2 large of eggs.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of wheat flour.
Naturally sweetened applesauce banana bread made with whole wheat flour and oatmeal. This healthy whole grain banana bread has no butter or oil! Place bananas in a large bowl and mash with electric mixer. Add applesauce and eggs and beat well.
Applesauce Banana Bread instructions
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F..
- Mash up bananas and place in large bowl. Stir in brown sugar and let sit about 15 minutes..
- Meanwhile, grease the bottom and half-way up the sides of loaf pan. Set aside..
- Add applesauce, eggs and vanilla to banana mixture and beat well..
- In medium bowl, mix the flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt..
- Gradually mix in flour mixture with banana mixture. Pour into greased pan..
- *Optional crumb topping- in a small bowl, mix 2 tablespoons flour, cinnamon, 1/3 cup brown sugar. Cut in 1 tablespoon of butter and mix until it resembles cornmeal. Sprinkle on top of the batter before you place the pan in the oven to bake..
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven, let stand 10 minutes, then remove from pan and let cool completely on wire rack..
Add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly. This sweet bread is a healthier version of traditional banana breads. Made without oil, and only a I have quite a few banana bread recipes on my blog. But I will be honest with you, none of them would. Banana bread with applesauce is the perfect afternoon snack!