Momma's Best Meatloaf. Momma's Meatloaf is a classic meatloaf that has the best flavor ever! This meatloaf recipe is easy to make, holds together, and has the best glaze on top! Meatloaf is one of the classic, quintessential.
I added a tablespoon of Worcestershire Sauce and an extra clove of garlic otherwise followed the recipe. Rate it Shape into a loaf and pour the ketchup on and smooth with a spoon. Momma's Meatloaf is a classic meatloaf that has the best flavor ever! You can have Momma's Best Meatloaf using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Momma's Best Meatloaf
- You need 1 packages of Ritz crackers.
- It’s 1 lb of ground lean beef.
- You need 1/2 of Bell pepper, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 of onion, diced.
- You need 1 can of Diced tomatoes, drained.
- You need 1 of salt & pepper to taste.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 tsp of mustard.
This meatloaf recipe is easy to make, holds together, and has the best glaze on top! Easy recipe for the best homemade meatloaf ever! Made with ground beef, bread crumbs, and a sweet and tangy ketchup based glaze topping. It's simple to make and comes out perfect every time!
Momma's Best Meatloaf instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°..
- In a large mixing bowl, crush crackers with a potato masher..
- Add beef and stir..
- Add bell pepper, onion, & tomato. Stir..
- Add salt, pepper, eggs, & mustard. Mix well..
- Shape mixture into a loaf pan or 3-4 quart dish & cover with foil..
- Cook at 350° for 1 hour or until well done. (IMPORTANT: To avoid a dirty oven, make sure there is a cookie sheet or tray underneath to catch overflowing grease.).
- For extra taste, take out 10 minutes early and spread ketchup, tomato sauce (my favorite), or diced tomatoes on top. Or see sweet topping below. Return to oven for 10-15 minutes..
- Sweet topping: Combine 1-1/2 tbsp brown sugar, 1-1/2 tbsp yellow mustard, 1/4 cup ketchup..
To make this Better Than Your Momma's Classic Meatloaf recipe, add the ground beef, egg, Worchestershire, tomato soup, spices, diced onion and Panko breadcrumbs to a large mixing bowl. Great meatloaf, nice and juicy, the best I have ever had! This is just how I usually make meatloaf, except for the worcestershire. It's perfect for those of us who want a plain meatloaf without a glaze for. This is the best meatloaf recipe according to friends and family that have eaten it (and asked for it There are a variety of vegan and vegetarian meatloaf options as well.