Bread Pudding. This lightly spiced bread pudding is made with simple pantry items like bread, eggs, milk, and sugar. My family LOVES bread pudding, and this recipe is one that I have fine tuned to their taste. It wasn't in my mother's rotation of recipes growing up, so the only other exposure I'd had to the dish was the occasional trip to a cafeteria-style restaurant with my.
If you have leftover bread that's on the verge of going bad – don't waste it by throwing it out! Bread Pudding is a baked combination of bite sized cubes of bread that are soaked in a rich custard-like mixture of cream, eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla extract and ground spices. It's layers of bread mixed with a delicious, creamy custard made from eggs, sugar, and either cream or milk. You can cook Bread Pudding using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bread Pudding
- Prepare 1 loaf of French Bread.
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Raisins.
- It’s 2 Cups of Maple Syrup.
- It’s 2 Cups of Milk (or cream).
- It’s 1 Tsp. of Orange extract.
- Prepare of Cinnamon.
- Prepare of Nutmeg.
- You need 3 Tbs. of Butter.
- You need 2 Tbs. of Honey.
Using heavy cream alone will give the richest and, in my opinion. Make sure the bread pudding is cooled completely Like most baked treats, bread pudding is usually done when you run a knife or skewer through the. For this classic Bread Pudding, challah bread is soaked in a rich custard spiked with spiced rum and vanilla, and baked until golden. It's a great make-ahead dessert, and wonderful with ice cream!
Bread Pudding instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 F. In a saucepan, add syrup, honey, milk, nutmeg, cinnamon and orange extract. Whisk. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat. While doing that, prepare your bread by cubing it. Also, melt butter in a small pot on low heat..
- Simmer the syrup for 5 minutes, whisking occasionally. Move to a pan to allow to cool. Transfer bread and raisins into a large bowl..
- Beat three eggs. Add melted butter to bread and raisins followed by the eggs. Mix throughly. Move to a oven safe pan (preferably and cast-iron skillet)..
- Hopefully your syrup is cooled. If it has, pour it all over the bread. Arrange the bread to get maximum absorption..
- Place in the oven and bake for roughly 40 minutes. Place a pan under the bread pudding to catch any spillage. The syrup will bubble while baking and should produce a seductive dessert. Garnish with mint. Enjoy..
An old-fashioned English bread and butter pudding that goes easy on the wallet. Day-old bread works best in this recipe. This bread pudding is undeniably the best! It's loaded with warm cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and topped with an orange custard sauce. Bread pudding is a popular dessert made with stale bread.