Bacon-topped Meatloaf with Mushrooms and Gravy. This bacon wrapped meatloaf is the ultimate comfort food! It's smothered in a savory mushroom gravy and you won't believe it's actually good for you. Since it's mostly made in the oven, I'd say that this recipe is a simple one that doesn't leave you exhausted and sweating like some stove-top ones do!
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt oil with butter. Add the mushrooms and sauté, stirring, until tender and browned and the liquid has evaporated. Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. You can have Bacon-topped Meatloaf with Mushrooms and Gravy using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bacon-topped Meatloaf with Mushrooms and Gravy
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground pork.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 1/2 c of ground golden flaxseeds.
- Prepare 2 c of carrots, shredded.
- You need 1 of med. onion, chopped.
- You need 1 of green bell pepper, seeded and chopped.
- You need 1 tap of sea salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 4 strips of bacon.
- You need 2 T of EVOO, coconut oil or butter.
- It’s 4 oz of button mushrooms, sliced.
- It’s 1 c of beef broth.
- It’s 2 c of carrots, shredded.
Season mushrooms with salt and pepper to taste. This meatloaf has it all – a juicy, flavorful chicken base with a cheesy, herby mushroom stuffing and Shingle the partially cooked strips of bacon on top of the meatloaf, overlapping slightly. You're so right everyone loves chicken, especially if it's stuffed with yummy mushrooms and wrapped in bacon! In a small bowl, combine milk and cornstarch; set aside.
Bacon-topped Meatloaf with Mushrooms and Gravy instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- In large bowl, combine beef, pork, eggs, flaxseeds, carrots, onion, bell pepper, salt abd pepper. Spread evenly in a 9×13 pan. Lay bacon strips on top, cover with foil and bake 1 hour..
- In skillet, heat oil ir butter. Cook mushrooms. Remove from heat and set aside..
- After baking meatloaf an hour, remove from oven. Remove foil and pour drippings into skillet with mushrooms. Return meatloaf to oven uncovered, cook for 30 min or until thermometer inserted is 160°F and meat no longer pink..
- Place mushroom mixture over low heat and add broth. Add coconut flour 1 T at a time until desired thickness. Salt and pepper to taste..
- Slice meatloaf and serve topped with gravy..
In a large skillet, melt butter over high heat. Add the mushrooms and onions; cook and stir over moderate heat until. That's right, if you are looking for a recipe for meatloaf. Eat this now while you are putting on your winter weight because well, it's meat and cheese and bacon. Which, by the way, is utterly amazing cold the next day in a sandwich.