Bacon Wrapped Herbed Meatloaf. Homemade meatloaf just like mom used to make has nothing on this bacon-wrapped meatloaf. With a brown sugar-ketchup glaze and whole strips of bacon, this mighty meatloaf is a flavorful meal that's far from the dry brick that haunts many. This bacon wrapped meatloaf is ground beef mixed with breadcrumbs and seasonings, then covered in bacon slices and baked until golden brown.
This Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf is inspired by Nigella Lawson's classic meatloaf recipe. I add buttery, caramelized onions to my meat mixture and wrap the. Wrap partially-cooked bacon slices around the meatloaf, tucking the ends of bacon underneath the loaf. You can have Bacon Wrapped Herbed Meatloaf using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bacon Wrapped Herbed Meatloaf
- Prepare 2 lb of ground beef.
- You need of green bell (chopped).
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s of kosher salt.
- Prepare of course black pepper.
- It’s 2 slice of white bread (wet).
- You need of half cup spegetti sauce.
- It’s of oregeno (dry).
- It’s of basil.
- Prepare of thyme.
- You need 6 of to 8 slices bacon.
- Prepare 3 slices of provolone.
This Bacon-Wrapped Meatloaf Recipe is a must for the bacon-lovers in your life. Using pre-cooked bacon strips results in less grease and a prettier presentation. Cover the raw meatloaf with precooked bacon before you put it in the oven for an irresistible presentation. Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf is pure comfort food!
Bacon Wrapped Herbed Meatloaf step by step
- Mix everything together, then make a big meatball then,add to a non stick pan and shape..
- Set oven temp to 350 degrees add bacon and bake.
- When bacon is done, take out and, you can add cheese and, ketcup if want..
A classic dinner recipe gets upgraded with bacon – the best way to serve this traditional family meal! This is the most important part if you want a meatloaf that sticks together, slices well and also FREEZES well. I usually just dump the meat mix on a lightly. This delicious bacon-wrapped meatloaf is glazed with prepared barbecue sauce. The brown sugar bacon topping adds flavor to the easy protein.