Beans cake (Qosai, Akara). Akara is also called "beans cake" and it is made from white beans. It is a recipe used mostly for breakfast. The beans is soaked in water to enable the.
Peeling the Coat removes most of the Minerals and Nutrients so it's your. Akara (Yoruba name) is fried bean cake. Beans is such an essential part of nutrition in Nigeria, and West Africa as a whole. You can have Beans cake (Qosai, Akara) using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beans cake (Qosai, Akara)
- It’s 1 cup of Black eyed peas.
- Prepare 5 of Scotch bonnet pepper.
- You need 2 of bulb of onion.
- It’s of Seasoning.
- It’s of Veg Oil for frying.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
Traditionally, akara is prepared by peeling the beans by soaking in water and then rubbing the beans repeatedly with your hands. These useful spices can be used to cook so many different meals! A popular food for breakfast and Iftaar in Nigeria,and also delicious. After going tru the Nigerian street food contest i thought of akara immediately so i decided to give u my taste of akara and how i make it hope u do enjoy it.
Beans cake (Qosai, Akara) step by step
- Soak the bean for 30min.
- Peel off the bean skin from the seed.
- Rinse the seed and put into a blender/food processor add onion, scotch bonnet pepper,seasoning and water.
- Blend completely into a paste.
- Into a frying pan and 3 cups of vegetable oil and heat.
- Using a tablespoon scoop the batter and drop into the hot oil.
- Fry until golden brown and serve with tea or gruel..
- Blend until completely p.
Enjoy this delicacy which has a delightful taste and a crunchy bite with a very great nutritious content which is good for the family, writes OLOLADE ALABI. AKARA is a Nigerian delicacy which can also be referred to as bean cake. It is the favourite meal of many families in the. How to make Akara (Nigerian Beans Fritters). Akara is a very delicious, vegetarian-friendly meal eaten in most parts of Africa.