Quinoa bread with chia seeds, zucchini and carrots. I recently came across Teresa Cutter's recipe for Gluten Free Bread which uses quinoa and chia seeds. I am always on the look out for gluten free breads, so I decided to try it out. If you want to see my original recipe for Quinoa + Chia Bread, tune into this instructional video from Kamalaya Health Spa to see how to make it.
Pepita Quinoa Chia Bread is gluten-free, dairy free, and vegan, and unlike most of the mass produced gluten-free bread available in supermarkets, it's high in protein, fiber, and healthy fats. You need to plan ahead to make Pepita Quinoa Chia Bread as the quinoa and chia seeds need to soak overnight. This gluten free bread recipe features wholesome quinoa and chia seeds. You can have Quinoa bread with chia seeds, zucchini and carrots using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Quinoa bread with chia seeds, zucchini and carrots
- You need 1 cup of quinoa.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chia seeds.
- Prepare 1 of medium size zucchini.
- It’s 1 of medium size carrot.
- You need 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp of white wine vinegar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of pumpkin seeds.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sunflower seeds.
The homemade loaf is enriched with honey, fresh lemon and This gluten-free bread has a very different texture to regular bread, but it's ideal for anyone who doesn't have a bread maker and wants an easy recipe for a loaf. Tricolour Quinoa Chia Bread: Another extraordinary bread, made from exceptional ingredients for bread baking. We will use this effect in our bread to glue everything together. Soak chia seed in ½ cup water until gel like – this can be done overnight as well, but just give it a few stirs at the beginning.
Quinoa bread with chia seeds, zucchini and carrots instructions
- In one bowl add 1cup quinoa 2 cups of water Let it rest overnight In a second bowl Finely grated zucchini Finely grated carrot 1/2 cup chia seeds Mix them well and let it rest overnight.
- Preheat oven 320 F. Drain and rinse quinoa add all ingredients except pumpkin and sunflower seeds to a blender. Mix for 1-2 minutes until a smooth consistency. Incorporate rest of the seeds and any other spices you might like. (caraway seeds, fennel seeds…) Line your bread pan with the parchment paper, transfer bread mixture into the pan and sprinkle with additional seeds. (sunflower or pumpkin, or both :).
- Bake it for 1 hour 39 min Pull the bread out to a cooling rack, let it cool. Enjoy!.
The bread mix should resemble a batter consistency with some whole quinoa still left in the mix. Spoon into a loaf tin lined with baking paper on all sides and the base. This zucchini bread is another popular loaf to add to the repository. With chia seeds for additional nutrition, these soft, moist, delicious slices make Just made it. My family doesn't really like the "green bits" and I'm not a fan of chia so took all wet ingredients with chunks of zucchini and whizzed.