Tomato & Barbeque Sweet Glaze (for meatloaf & other meats). The tomato is the edible, often red berry of the plant Solanum lycopersicum, commonly known as a tomato plant. The species originated in western South America and Central America. The Nahuatl (the language used by the Aztecs) word tomatl gave rise to the Spanish word tomate, from which the English word tomato derived.
The fruits are commonly eaten raw, served as a cooked vegetable, used as an ingredient of prepared dishes, pickled, or processed. Learn more about the plant, its cultivation, and its history of domestication. Overview Information Tomato is a plant. You can cook Tomato & Barbeque Sweet Glaze (for meatloaf & other meats) using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tomato & Barbeque Sweet Glaze (for meatloaf & other meats)
- Prepare 1 cup of V8 original veggie juice or any tomato based veggie juice u like (can use plain tomato juice or a generic version).
- Prepare 1 can of diced, crushed or petite tomatoes, about 14-16 ounces (no salt added).
- Prepare 1/3 cup of light brown sugar.
- It’s 1/3 cup of grape jelly.
- It’s 1/3 cup of dark colored brown sugar bbq sauce (i use hunts or sweet baby rays).
- Prepare 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dried onion flakes.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dried parsley.
The fruit is a familiar food, but the fruit, leaf, and vine are also sometimes used to make medicine. Some people use tomato for high blood pressure. Tomato definition is – the usually large, rounded, edible, pulpy berry of an herb (genus Solanum) of the nightshade family native to South America that is typically red but may be yellow, orange, green, or purplish in color and is eaten raw or cooked as a vegetable. The tomato (Solanum lycopersicum) is a fruit from the nightshade family native to South America.
Tomato & Barbeque Sweet Glaze (for meatloaf & other meats) instructions
- Mix BBQ sauce, grape jelly & brown sugar together in a sauce pan over low heat.
- While that's going if using regular diced tomatoes squeeze n crush them in a bowl using ur hands! Save tomato juice that's in tomatoes! ( if u don't like ur sauce chunky u can use processor or blender).
- Add the tomatoes with juice as well as V8 juice, garlic, oregano, parsley & onion flakes to the pot! Stir to blend all ingredients! Let simmer over low heat for about 30 minutes to an hour… If u want it thinner just use less cooking time, thicker use longer cooking time!.
- Put this over ur favorite meatloaf! It will work for a beef meatloaf, turkey meatloaf, chicken meatloaf, pork chops, roast, steak, pork roast… U can use on just about any meat u want to spice up with a little somethin extra! Also one little tip is when I use it for my meatloaf I spoon it over before it goes in oven then again when there's about 30 or so minutes left of cook time….
- U can adjust this recipe to ur liking! Sometimes I use less brown sugar depending on how sweet the BBQ sauce is that I'm using! Sometimes I add a little crushed red pepper flakes if I want more of a spicy kick!.
- This makes a good bit of sauce so if not using all of it then it can be frozen for later use! Best way is to put in ice trays n freeze n then pop out n transfer to a freezer storage bag! Thaw in microwave or on low to medium heat on stove! Then just use it on whatever meat or meatloaf u want to use it on! Hope all enjoys! :).
Despite botanically being a fruit, it's generally eaten and prepared like a vegetable. When fresh tomatoes aren't in season, turn to canned as a healthy alternative. Its nutritional content supports healthful skin, weight loss, and heart health. Place tomato stakes or cages in the soil at the time of planting to avoid damaging roots later on. Staking keeps developing tomato fruit off the ground, while caging lets the plant hold itself upright.