Mike's 1970's Meatloaf Dinner. Mike prepares one if his favorite comfort foods, made with no meat and loaded with vegetable protein and fiber. What's a meatloaf without mashed potatoes. Banquet's Meatloaf Dinner – WHAT ARE WE EATING??
Meatloaf made with all beef requires some special handling so that it doesn't taste like a dry, loaf-shaped hamburger. We set out to make a loaf with well-seasoned meat and just enough binder to give the loaf a tender, not tough, texture. Meatloaf is a a childhood dinner staple that was hard to appreciate as a kid. You can have Mike's 1970's Meatloaf Dinner using 25 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mike's 1970's Meatloaf Dinner
- You need of ● For The Meatloaf Mixture.
- It’s 1 Pound of Fresh Lean Ground Pork.
- Prepare 1 Pound of 80/20 Fresh Ground Hamburger.
- It’s 2 Cups of Italian Bread Crumbs.
- You need 1/3 Cup of Dehydrated Onions.
- It’s 2 of LG Egglands Best Eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Whole Milk.
- It’s 1 tsp of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of Kosher Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Granulated Garlic Powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Granulated Onion Powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Au Jus Extract.
- You need 1 tbsp of Better Than Bouillon.
- It’s 1 Package of McCormick Meatloaf Seasoning.
- It’s of ● For The EZ Mashed Potatoes.
- Prepare 2 of Trays Bob Evans Mashed Potatoes [the best brand out there].
- Prepare 2 Jars of Heinz Homestyle Brown Gravy.
- It’s of ● For The EZ Sweet Corn.
- It’s 2 Cans of Del Monte Sweet Corn.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Dried Parsley.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Dried Rosemary.
- Prepare 1/8 Cup of Sweet Salted Butter.
- Prepare of ● For The Options.
- It’s of Thick Sliced Garlic Bread.
- Prepare of Side Salads.
But the time has finally come to give this dish another chance. From first glance, your kids might not be thrilled with the concept of meatloaf for dinner, but once they have that first bite they'll. See all episodes from Back in Time for Dinner. Timings (where shown) are from the start of the programme in hours and minutes.
Mike's 1970's Meatloaf Dinner instructions
- Mix everything together well. Pack meat in a translucent pan tightly. No air gaps. Create wells to the sides just in case any fat wants to boil over. Dash top with black pepper, garlic and onion powder..
- Bake meatloaf at 350° for 1.5 hours. Allow meatloaf to stand for 5 minutes prior to serving. Top with hot gravy..
- Au Jus extract pictured..
- Season and heat your corn..
- Heat your gravy as well. Back in the day, our mothers used packet gravy. I would not recommend it unless you really like a heavy salt content..
- Heat your mashed potatoes. Man oh man is this a good brand! You'll want this! No mess – no fuss!.
- Garlic bread pictured. Just oven heat as per manufacturer's directions..
- Garnish with fresh parsley. Serve piping hot. Enjoy!.
A slice of our homemade meatloaf served w/ mashed potatoes & mushroom gravy on a toasted sub roll. Matty's TV dinner meatloaf. (SBS VICELAND). Add to a cold pan with olive oil and then turn up the heat to medium and cook until crisp. By then meat grinders were common and meat grinding less difficult, two developments that helped to popularize meatloaf. Betty Crocker had recipes, which home cooks tweaked.