Chocolate banana bread. Dear banana bread lovers, putting chocolate chips in your banana bread is like having your bananas and chocolate go on a date. Lovely and sweet, yet still separate and distinct. This banana bread features cocoa, chocolate chips, sour cream and a bit of vanilla extract.
Healthy Chocolate Banana Bread. ♥ The recipe can be low fat, high fiber, vegan, gluten free, oil free, and refined sugar free. It makes a great gift, and leftover slices can also be frozen for a rainy day. Think of this recipe as a cross between your very favorite banana bread and a crowd-pleasing blackout cake. You can have Chocolate banana bread using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chocolate banana bread
- Prepare 2-5 of ripe bananas, peeled and mashed.
- It’s 80 g of melted butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 of egg, beaten.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of flour.
- It’s 2 tbsp of dark cocoa powder.
- It’s of Optional: chopped walnut, cranberries, dark chocolate chips.
Think about everything you love about banana bread, then add chocolate. As with all banana bread recipes, be sure to use very ripe bananas that are soft and covered with dark spots. This gorgeous Chocolate Banana Bread is my new favourite obsession. Soft and moist banana cake filled to the brim with milk chocolate chips.
Chocolate banana bread step by step
- Preheat oven to 160C-180C. It really depends on your oven! Just use your normal baking temperature..
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together mashed banana, melted butter and sugar. Use more banana if it’s small and use more sugar if you like it sweeter..
- Stir in baking soda, salt, beaten egg and vanilla extract..
- Add sifted flour, dark cocoa powder (see pic: the colour is darker than normal ones).
- Pour mixture into a lined loaf pan. My pan is about 22cm/8.5in. Bake for about 50-60 mins. Once done, remove from the pan and let it cool on wire rack..
A few weeks ago, one of my readers asked if I had a. Chocolate Banana Bread is the perfect combination of chocolate and banana. The balance between the two flavors in my recipe is outstanding! It took me a few tries to get it quite right, because I either. When this banana bread is served warm you get melted and gooey chocolate delights in your slice of banana bread, and served cold you bite into chunks of hard and delicious dark chocolate.