Bacon wrapped Meatloaf. Brush loaf with all of glaze, then arrange bacon slices, crosswise, over loaf, overlapping them slightly and tucking them under to prevent curling. This bacon wrapped and cheese filled meatloaf is perfect for someone who is not on a low calorie diet. This was my first time making this and I have made it.
Barbeque sauce-infused meatloaf is wrapped with bacon strips for a flavorful and rich twist on the traditional meatloaf. The bacon imparts a wonderful smoky flavor and helps keep the meat nice and juicy. 🥓. Meatloaf is practically synonymous with American cuisine and belongs in every cook's repertoire. You can have Bacon wrapped Meatloaf using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bacon wrapped Meatloaf
- It’s 1 lb of – Ground beef.
- Prepare 1/2 of – medium yellow onion – minced.
- Prepare 1-2 of – cloves of garlic – minced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of – carrot – grated.
- You need 1 of lg – egg – beaten.
- You need 8-10 of – saltine crackers – crumbled.
- Prepare to taste of Salt & ground black pepper –.
- You need 9-10 slices of bacon.
A traditional meatloaf recipe is made with seasoned ground beef combined. This easy Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf recipe will become a family favorite for sure! Meatloaf is back and better than ever, full of flavor, some hidden veggies, and wrapped with delicious thick cut bacon! I know meatloaf isn't the most popular choice when it comes to dinner, but my family loves a good meatloaf.
Bacon wrapped Meatloaf instructions
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl except for the bacon (At this point feel free to add other spices or veggies, just make sure the consistency is about the same so it holds together.).
- Lay out 7-8 of your bacon slices on a cutting board or on some wax paper on the counter. Make sure each slice over laps just a bit. (also you can weave the bacon like I did…either works).
- Form the meat mixture into a long cylinder as long as the laid out bacon slices, place the shaped meat mixture onto the bacon and wrap each end with one of the left over slices of bacon so they cover the ends that the laid out bacon won’t cover..
- Next wrap the meatloaf with the bacon it is laying on until it is completely covered..
- Place the meat loaf on a broiler pan or on a wire rack in a baking dish so the fat will drip down and not make the meatloaf soggy as it cooks..
- Place the meat loaf in its pan into an oven preheated to 375F for about 45 minutes to an hour or so. The time will depend on your oven and the size of your meatloaf. Cook until a meat thermometer reads 160F – 170F or until it is no longer pink in the middle. Mine took an hour..
- When it is done take it out and cover in foil and let it rest for ten minutes while you get all of your sides ready..
- Cut and serve :).
This Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf has plenty of flavor, thanks to. This Bacon-Wrapped Meatloaf Recipe is a must for the bacon-lovers in your life. Using pre-cooked bacon strips results in less grease and a prettier presentation. This Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf is pure comfort food! This classic dinner recipe gets upgraded with yummy flavors and a bacon wrapping – the best way to serve this traditional family meal!