Turkey meatloaf. Turkey meatloaf is a favorite in our house! Turkey meatloaf is a favorite in our house! This healthy meatloaf recipe, made with lean ground turkey is easy and delicious.
I'm usually the one who makes turkey meatloaf, one of my few gifts along with omelettes, fish and not much more. This Turkey Meatloaf recipe doesn't sacrifice any flavor. It's easy to make and is topped off with the most delicious glaze! You can cook Turkey meatloaf using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Turkey meatloaf
- It’s 1 lb of ground lean turkey.
- You need 1/2 tsp of marjoram.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of oregano.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of basil.
- Prepare 1 bunch of small bunch of parsley, chopped finely.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped onion, white or yellow for milder flavor..
- It’s 4 clove of garlic minced.
- You need 1 cup of breadcrumbs or can use 1/2 cup rolled oats to be healthier.
- It’s 5 of grinds of pepper or about 1 tsp black pepper.
- You need 1/4 cup of brown sugar or 1/2 cup applesauce to be healthier.
- It’s 1 of large squeeze ketchup, about 1/3 cup.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s 1/2 cup of diced or shredded carrots, for a different flavor, this is optional.
- You need 1/2 cup of diced celery, optional.
- You need 1/2 tsp of fresh or dried sage, optional…will add a thanksgiving flavor.
Your family will love this heart healthy version of a classic American dinner. Meatloaf is the ultimate comfort food. With turkey, switched-up ingredients and creative twists, these popular variations elevate this classic from familiar to fabulous. Learn how to make a quick and easy, moist and tender turkey meatloaf!
Turkey meatloaf step by step
- Put oven at 325, cook for one hour. May need longer, I sometimes do 85 minutes! I don't like it soo moist!.
- Mix all ingredients, add egg last before Turkey meat. Gently mix in Turkey meat..
- Cover top of meatloaf with enough ketchup to cover so you can't see the meat. Coat pan in olive oil..
- Shape loaf in bread pan and cover for first 30 minutes, second half the last 20-30 minutes leave uncovered..
- Make sure Turkey is cooked all the way through before you eat it!! It will be moist if you do egg n applesauce n ketchup in the mix!.
Perfectly seasoned and topped with a sweet and tangy sauce, baked to perfection. Ground turkey recipes have a bad rep for being bland and boring. But this meatloaf is LOADED with flavor. Turkey meatloaf recipes – Discover a complete collection of Turkey meatloaf recipes explained step-by-step, with photos and handy cooking tips! This is the best turkey meatloaf we've ever tasted.